Monday, August 25, 2008

Kitty Pi


Kitty Pi 002, originally uploaded by tanyalizbeth.

As you can see this project had a recipient in mind from the beginning. We acquired a new family member this summer from our local animal shelter. Zissou is a tortie point Siamese, possibly a mix. She is only 5 months old. We have all had a great time getting to know her and playing kitty games. She is definitely Siamese in personality though, note the look of disdain aimed at the camera :)


Zissou is modeling my latest felting effort. This is a free pattern called the Kitty Pi bed made from Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool I dyed myself with Kool-Aid to match the Lion Brand Fun Fur I had chosen. Luckily for me Zissou took to her new bed immediately, very gratifying.



This was a really quick and fun knit and it felted up beautifully. I think some folks will be receiving cat beds for Christmas!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That yarn dyed up so prettily! I love the way it turned out in the cat bed. You've got to stop with the dyeing or I'm going to end up with yet another hobby.

Cute kitty, too. :)

nopinkhere said...

Zissou definitely looks comfy! Cutie!