Monday, February 9, 2009

Just in time Knitting



I hadn't realized how fast my knitting had gotten until I turned out both these items in just a few days. Now, I'll admit, they aren't the most complicated items in the world, but I am still pretty proud of getting them both done in about 4 days.

My DH (modeling) bikes to work most days and was having some trouble with colder weather. He was pondering what items he could add to his wardrobe that would be bike safe. I had been on a neck warmer/cowl kick lately so I found a manly pattern and got to work. This pattern is very easy but the ribbing and short row shaping make it interesting enough to forestall boredom.




The hat (ravelry link) worked up much more quickly than I expected, though the fabric did not end up being as dense as I was hoping. DH still insists it 's warmer than the Cousteau hat (ravelry link) I made him last year, so I guess that's all the matters. I am just pleased that I was able to get these out quickly enough to be useful. I guess I am also tickled that he matches now too :)



The yarn is Bernat Cashmere (ravelry link) something, it's a blend and DH says it feels good on the skin. Sorry most of the links are Ravelry this time, some of the items can only be found there.

2 comments:

Aaron DaMommio said...

You should take good care of that model. He's a keeper.

Aaron DaMommio said...

Scratch that. I don't trust him. He looks dangerous.