Sunday, March 29, 2009

The socks that simply would not knit themselves

OK, I know it's a long title, but it felt right. That photo was taken last summer to post to my Ravelry Projects page. It was supposed to be the place holder for my first pair of socks. You can see the lovely Trekking yarn and the pretty Harmony needle, extra long for magic loop. You even get a little shot of the gauge swatch proving what a good little knitter I am. The book was to show you that I was using the Yarn Harlot's basic sock recipe. What a great photo, so full of promise. fast forward to today, about 9 months later and those socks are not gracing my feet, oh no, they are in fact little more than a single inch of ankle ribbing. I have collected sock yarn since then, who hasn't I'd like to know, but to date I have not knitted a single pair of socks, not even a single sock for that matter.
My Ravelry buds jody26 and Tacha have become sock addicts and I still resist. I don't know why I hold back, sometimes I think it's the dreaded heel turn, sometimes it's grafting, sometimes it's those tiny little needles. I'm sure one day I will conquer that first sock. When I do, you all will be the first to know.

1 comment:

Jody said...

DON'T DO IT. I was the same way, resisting those socks at every opportunity. And now, you're right--it's an addiction. First sock = gateway drug. :)