Monday, May 11, 2009

Lucy's Blankie

This blanket was completed a while ago but I didn't want to post it until it had been gifted at the baby shower. The pattern is basically a riff on a pattern from the Lion Brand website called Glamour Baby. I heavily adapted the pattern to fit my yarn, gauge, etc. The main changes I made were to increase the width of the blanket by adding extra repeats and to ignore the instructions for how high to make each repeat. I went by what came out looking square for me which turned out to be 10 stitches x 12 rows.


The Ruffle:


I'm pretty proud of this ruffle. I got loads of help on the Ravelry forums to get the concept right. Basically, I picked up stitches all the way around, then I increased in every stitch on the first round. On the second round I increased every third stitch with an extra increase in each corner to make it full. Then I knitted around until I had just enough yarn left to cast off. The effect was pretty awesome, if I do say so myself :) I think the ruffle added an heirloom quality I was hoping for in this blanket. Thanks Ravelers for all the helpful hints!

4 comments:

Lora said...

I like it

Sarah said...

I loves it!

Aaron DaMommio said...

I like the ruffle.

Aaron DaMommio said...

You're getting good photos. We need to see more posts.