Sunday, November 2, 2008

Birthday Cowl



This was a little cowl I whipped up for my SIL's birthday. It was a great pattern called the Quicki Cowl and it really was quick. I enjoyed the easy to memorize pattern and this yarn (Debbie Mumm Traditions) was a pleasant surprise. I had seen this yarn at JoAnn's when it first came out and loved the colors but they ran out fast and then I kind of forgot about it. Anyway, when this project came up I thought the color changes would lend themselves to the pattern nicely. The yarn turned out to be really nice to work with too. My SIL enjoyed the gift and even came up with a use for it I had not thought of, headband. I assumed scarf and hood were the limits :) The model here is my littlest one, helping Mama.

1 comment:

Jody said...

Helpers are the best, aren't they? Love the cowl! (I'm kind of cowl obssessed; off to check the pattern on Ravelry ...)