Friday, November 7, 2008

Needle Felting, aha!



I have seen the adorable figures that others have made. I have oohed and aahed over these tiny soft sculptures. I have steadfastly resisted getting the equipment to make such things. I have resisted and resisted. Then, when I was out of town, my DH took the kids to the Maker Faire and bought a kit. He and the oldest DD got hooked immediately. Then I came home and I oohed and aahed over their creations, still resisting temptation. I was happy to let them have this craft, after all I have knitting and crochet, right? I'm sure you can see where this is going now.

I resisted and resisted, then one day my DD left the stuff out and it was just sitting there, pretty and fluffy and calling my name. So I gave in and starting stabbing that little needle into that fluffy wool. These little kitties are the fruits of those first efforts. It's definitely addicting. I've never had much luck with clay sculpture, so I didn't know what to expect from this. I have a long way to go, but I think these little kitties are a good start.

3 comments:

Jody said...

Oh wow, so cute! Must ... resist ... temptation ...

You're not nice.

nopinkhere said...

ooh! so cute!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking the in good time always to a postcard that. I build it very interesting. If you contract a conceivability you should visit my blog as well. I desire you obtain a distinguished daytime!
[IMG]http://www.sedonarapidweightloss.com/weightloss-diet/34/b/happy.gif[/IMG]