Friday, November 2, 2007

Chunky Tote


Kitchen & Yarn Stash 033, originally uploaded by tanyalizbeth.


A finished object, hooray me! This chunky little tote is a pattern from a Vogue on the Go book called Bags and Backpacks and the rectangular shape of it really called to me. It's made with Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick in colorway
Denim Twist. I knit this with 2 strands held together.

This was fun to knit because it was done on size 17
needles so it went really quickly. It was also cool because the pattern
was knit sort of like an origami pattern, imagine a capital letter T,
then sewn together.

I love the handles I found on sale at JoAnn's too. The shape is just right.

My only real complaint is that I don't feel I did a very good job with the seaming, I won't rip it out, I'm too lazy :), but I do want to make another one and do a better job. I was a little reluctant to hold 2 strands together as called for in the pattern, but as you can see this little tote stand up by itself. I do like that part about making such a thick fabric.

I bought yarn and handles to make another one already, :) The next one will be charcoal with black handles.

1 comment:

Jody said...

Wow, really cute! Great job.