Tuesday, November 6, 2007

*Warning* Non-Craft Post *Warning*


Self-portrait2, originally uploaded by tanyalizbeth.

I had a chance to get away from it all (read: the kids) and go to San Francisco with my husband for a few days. While he toiled away learning something in a seminar I explored the wonderful city by the sea.

I rambled around on foot mostly and took advantage of an awesome public transportation system. I have tons of pictures and am not sure which ones are the best to share here, but I'll try. I plan to make at least two other posts about the trip because it was just so wonderful.

The city itself was beautiful with lots of interesting architecture. One thing I found fascinating was the number of buildings at odd corners that were triangular. There are so many diagonal streets in SF that I guess it was necessary.

I also got a huge kick out of Chinatown. I have made a brief visit to Chinatown in NYC but this was something completely different. This was like stepping off the train in another country almost. Once you left the main tourist street, Grant, it was a totally different place. Many stores didn't even bother with signs in English. Every conversation I passed was in Chinese, at least I think it was :) . The buildings were all packed together and yet each one had it's own color scheme and decorations. It was very cool.

(More pics coming to this post soon)

No comments: