Monday, November 5, 2007

Ravelry Rocks! (Part 1)


I have found knitting Nirvana. Now, this may seem like an exaggeration to some, but I mean it. Knitting Utopia is now mine!

Ravelry.com
is still in beta testing so you have to get on a waiting list and get invited to join. Trust me, this is totally worth it!

I'm not sure I can even describe for you in words how cool this website is. First there are the Forums. In the forums you can post a question, comment, concern about anything at all fiber/knitting/crochet/weaving/spinning/etc. related and usually receive an answer/response within minutes. I have literally had a technical issue solved for me within five minutes so I could continue knitting. You can also find reviews, usually with at least 2 points of view :), of almost any product you could want. Certainly there are people offering opinions on every yarn you never heard of and also the ones you have. I feel like I am always in the loop in the knitting world because my friendly neighborhood Ravelers (ravelry members) post about everything I need to know.

Well folks, since I am trying to blog every day this month, or at least 30 times I am going to make this a multi-parter since I have so much to say about the glory that is Ravelry!

In upcoming episodes we will address the My Notebook section, the Pattern and Yarn sections and of course the De-stash group. Stay tuned.

No comments: