Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Felted Denise Needle Bag



Denise Bag - Front, originally uploaded by tanyalizbeth.

This is the bag I made from Cat Bordhi's free pattern to carry my Denise needles around. I love how this bag came out even if it is a little too big. I am especially proud of the pockets because I had never really done zippers before. Cat's instructions made it pretty easy though.

The yarn is a strand of Manos del Uruguay held with a strand of Cascade 220. I think they felted together beautifully. Hand-sewing in the zippers and pocket lining actually took almost as long as knitting the whole thing.

The best compliment I received on this bag was from a male cousin who knows nothing about knitting, he said that it was a waste to put knitting needles in it. :D

3 comments:

Jody said...

Wow, it looks great! I love the colors.

Jody said...

I know I've already commented here but ... you're it! I've tagged you with a meme. See my blog for details!

Sam said...

You are very welcome. If you have any questions while making the cardholder, please don't hesitate to contact me. Thanks for commenting on my blog. By the way, very nice purse.